Some memories from the game:
- Once again Arsenal took the lead against a clearly superior team (and once again failed to defend it till the end).
- At least six out of eight goals were scored because defensive mistakes were made. This should not take anything away from the strikers as in most cases a lot of work had to be done even after the mistakes were made. Arshavin’s second was special!
- Apart from scoring the four goals and maybe one more threatening moment, Arsenal were completely outplayed.
- Benayoun is a much improved player this latter half of the season.
- Liverpool created many great chances but were either cut off by the Arsenal defense or wasted the chance. They could have won this 7-4.
- Kuyt was the man of the match for me even though Arshavin scored four goals.
- I was not at all surprised to see Arshavin’s class. However, before he scored his first, he had been invisible.